When you visit the AIA Healthiest Schools website or enter a promotion on this site, your personal data is collected on behalf of AIA Company Limited and its subsidiaries including AIA Bhd., AIA General Berhad, AIA PUBLIC Takaful Bhd., AIA Health Services Sdn. Bhd. and AIA Pension and Asset Management Sdn. Bhd. (“AIA”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
AIA recognises its responsibilities in relation to the processing of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, however this may inhibit our ability to provide you with information and services or to respond to your enquiries and you will not be able to create a user account for the website or participate in any promotions if you do not wish to share your personal data with us.
AIA collects your personal data when you register for a user account on this website, when you contact us via this website, when you submit an entry for any promotion operated via this website and indirectly when you visit this website. Your personal information may be submitted to us by a third party on your behalf, such as your employer or school, and in some cases we may obtain personal information about you (such as your name, role and contact details) from third party suppliers, purchased contact lists and/or publicly available sources.
The personal data we collect includes the following:
- identity information – name, password, work contact details (including email address, postal address and telephone number(s)) and details of your employer and role; and
- technical information – such as IP address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin types, operating systems and platform, device information (including where mobile device the IMEI number, wireless networks and general network information).
Personal data is collected and used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to the content on the website;
- to process and administer your user account and your participation in AIA Healthiest Schools;
- to design new or enhance existing products, information and services, including enhancements to the AIA Healthiest Schools programme;
- to communicate with you, including, where you have consented to receive marketing communications from us, for direct marketing purposes;
- for data analytics, data matching, internal business and administrative purposes, provided that we will only use anonymised and aggregated data for this purpose;
- to assess your entry for any promotions you may participate in via the website, and contact you regarding the outcome of such promotions;
- to monitor your use of the website and conduct analysis in order to operate, evaluate and improve the website and our services, understand your preferences and troubleshoot any problems;
- to assist in law enforcement purposes or as otherwise required by law; and
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes above. In particular, your personal data may be shared with:
- third party service providers who assist us with the operation of any aspect of this website or any promotion, including hosting service providers; and
- any member company of AIA Group Limited.
Your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in other jurisdictions where any subsidiary of the AIA Group Limited is located, or jurisdictions where a third-party contractor is located or from which a third-party contractor provides us services, including from countries such as Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
AIA’s general Privacy Statement, available here, provides more information about how you may exercise your rights under applicable data protection laws, including if you wish to request access to or correction of your personal data, and outlines how you may submit privacy-related complaints.
You may contact us in relation to any of the matters described within this Privacy Statement, request to access and/or correct your personal data, request to limit the processing of your personal data, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data and/or make any inquiries regarding your personal data by contacting the contact information set forth as follows:
In the event of conflict between the English version of this Privacy Statement and a version of this Privacy Statement in any other language, the English version shall prevail.