When you visit the AIA Healthiest Schools website or enter a promotion on this site, your personal data is collected and processed on behalf of AIA Company Limited and its subsidiaries (AIA, we, us and our).
AIA recognises its responsibilities in relation to the processing of personal data. The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You may choose not to provide us with the requested data, however this may inhibit our ability to provide you with information and services or to respond to your enquiries and you will not be able to create a user account for the website or participate in any promotions if you do not wish to share your personal data with us.
AIA collects your personal data and/or personal data of other persons supplied by you when you register for a user account on this website, when you contact us via this website, when you submit an entry for any promotion or any other activities operated via this website and indirectly when you visit this website. Your personal information may be submitted to us by a third party on your behalf, such as your employer or school, and in some cases we may obtain personal information about you (such as your name, role and contact details) from third party suppliers, purchased contact lists and/or publicly available sources.
The personal data we collect includes the following:
- identity information – name, password and email address;
- technical information – such as IP address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin types, operating systems and platform, device information (including where mobile device the IMEI number, wireless networks and general network information).
- images, video and/or voice recordings.
Personal data is collected and used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with access to the content on the website;
- to process and administer your user account;
- to design new or enhance existing products, information and services including enhancements to the AIA Healthiest Schools programme;
- to communicate with you, including, where you have consented to receive marketing communications from us, for direct marketing purposes;
- for data analytics, data matching, internal business and administrative purposes, provided that we will only use anonymised and aggregated data for this purpose;
- to assess your entry for any promotions you may participate in via the website, and contact you regarding the outcome of such promotions;
- to monitor your use of the website and conduct analysis in order to operate, evaluate and improve the website and our services, understand your preferences and troubleshoot any problems; and
- to assist in law enforcement purposes or as otherwise required by law
- other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes above. In particular, your personal data may be shared with:
- third party service providers who assist us with the operation of any aspect of this website and/or any promotion, including hosting service providers; and
- any member company of AIA Company Limited.
Your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in other jurisdictions where any AIA entity is located, or jurisdictions where a third-party contractor is located or from which a third-party contractor provides us services, including from countries such as Hong Kong and the United Kingdom.
You have the rights and obligations relating to the processing of your personal data under the law and this Privacy Statement. AIA’s general Privacy Statement, available here, provides more information about how you may exercise your rights under applicable data protection laws, including if you wish to request access to or correction of your personal data, and outlines how you may submit privacy-related complaints.
In case you provide personal data of any other persons to AIA for any purposes set out under this Privacy Statement, you warrant that you have obtained consent from said persons in accordance with the formality set out by law, or you have relied on other criteria stipulated under the law to provide their personal data to AIA, and you have notified such persons about the details regarding the collection, process and/or transfer of personal data, in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
We place great importance on the security of all personal data collected and/or processed by us. We have adopted security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. For the best possible protection of your personal data outside the limits of our control, your device should be protected (such as by up-to-date antivirus systems) and your internet service provider should take appropriate measures for the security of network data transmission (such as, for example, firewalls and anti-spam filtering). While we take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee that the personal data you disclose to us will be absolutely secured, nor that any data breach will not occur. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing on-line over the internet and will not hold AIA or its processors responsible for any data breach unless it is due to our negligence.
Our general approach is to retain your personal data only for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. We generally retain your personal data for three years from the end of our relationship or from the last contact from you, unless local law requires otherwise. However, in some circumstances, we may retain your personal data for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax and accounting requirements. In specific circumstances, we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time corresponding to the applicable statute of limitations so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
You may contact us in relation to any of the matters described within this Privacy Statement as follows: